Monday, March 31, 2008

Tomorrow

So tomorrow is April 1st. Floyd has an appointment with his eye doc in the morning but that's all we have planned. We are currently experiencing Spring winds. They are out of the west and the southwest, so they are warm and that's what we care about. We have a bunch of junk out front of our house and the city promised to come pick the stuff up but so far they haven't showed. When we need a special pick-up, we call and I called them Friday but so far no show. We just have a bunch of stuff that has accumulated through the years and not worth anything, you know, just taking up space.

About three months ago our deep freeze just quit working, so we have been looking for another and found one at Diamond Furniture here in Deming. Every time I shop, I miss my freezer because when we find good deals, our little freezer in our fridge is just not large enough to shop in bulk. Not only do freezers pay for themselves over time, but it saves many a trip to the store and with gas prices being what they are, that's important. We are putting it in lay-a-way, waiting for our tax rebate. What are you all planning to do with your rebate?? Bush says "spend it", so that's what we are going to do.

Gotta go take care of my laundry since floyd just walked by and said "just so you know, both of your machines have stopped", lol.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I love Big-Thing Trash Day! If you spot a good sofa, save it for me!

Unknown said...

My rebate will just go in the checking. I didn't realize how expensive the health care is around here - went for the cold I had that last 6 weeks because of chest pain and all they said was to take ibprfin - for over $300. Last time I go to that place. First time I used my health insurance in nearly 2 years and they paid almost nothing.