Saturday, December 20, 2008

That time of year!



Toy trains have always fascinated me. I wish I had one large room for electric train sets. I remember when I was a child in St. Louis and the old Famous-Barr store had a large window display of electric trains in a wonderful set with tunnels and bridges and mountains. It seems as if I could have looked at them all day.

I really haven't done my shopping this year. I will probably wait till Christmas eve. I just don't enjoy shopping, not since my children were young.

Normally, this time of year I am up to my elbows in cookies. This year I just can't get into it so Floyd passed out some little house plants to our neighbors with a card, pitiful. Some of my friends are a little under the weather and told Floyd not to expect Tamales this year. I understand completely. I know where to buy some good ones, lol.

The cookie baking will also be delayed, probably in a day or so when I can muster the NRG, lol. I love making cookies, but this year it hasn't seemed like fun. I think I am worried about my little granddaughter who is very pregnant. She lives in Denver with her guy, but no family around. I know her mom and dad will get there when the time comes, but I think she is anxious.

Two great grandbabies this year. Two boys, Austin and Owen. Life just keeps going on.:)

3 comments:

Jim said...

more talk about cookies, but do you ever share????

Hi Moni!

Famous is now a Macy's -- only two or three floors left, even the basements are closed. The May Company put offices into the old Famous upper floors to go with their office on the top floors of the Railroad Exchange Building -- but that is all gone after the takeover by Macy's. All current department stores are copies of the retail concepts that first appeared in the downtown St. Louis Famous in the 1960's - it was quite a place. Moni, do you remember the lunch room built under the street?

toonces <-- female cartoon characters

moni said...

Yes I do, my mom worked there for a while.

Unknown said...

Little house plants would be nice. :-)