Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sad news day.

Today Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson both died. She was 62 and he was 50. Both were too young to die, but her death was expected, his was not.
I remember that I bought two copies of "Thriller", just in case. He was quite a talent.

Nice weather day today and the real heat that we have been expecting all month just hasn't materialized. June is traditionally our hottest month. We have been lucky.

Things are going well around here. Floyd had an excellent Father's Day and thanks everyone who thought of him which turned out to be all the kids.

My neighbor Connie gave us a huge bucket of peaches and tomorrow I am going to bake a couple of peach cobblers. One for her, one for us and if I end up with three, one goes in the freezer for another time. Don't you all love peach cobblers??? I know I do. I like them just slightly warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Yummy!!

2 comments:

the Baitlady said...

ohhhh... an extra peach cobbler??? do those things ship well??? hint hint. LOL...

Have you ever made it with fresh blueberries sprinkled in with the peaches? Yum.

Take care Moni and have a great day!

moni said...

No I haven't Mel but it sounds delicious.