Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great June weather!

Normally, June is our hottest month. The main reason for this is the clear sunny skies. So far this month we haven't had one day that has reached 100 F. The 100s are expected in June. Today's high will be in the 80s, imagine that!

I now have some fresh zucchini squash which we love. I cut them into strips, dip them in batter and deep fry them. Then serve with ranch dressing for dipping. Even our doggies love them. Of course, I also put them in soups and stews or serve as a vegetable.

Finally picked up the balance of my meds as did Floyd. Walmart had mine all mixed up, but the problem is corrected now. My health regime consists entirely of taking the proper medication. A beautiful day here today. My new kitchen curtains are so cute, but they do make my kitchen darker, oh well! I like the "cozy" look anyway.

I sure hope everyone has a great day and weekend. Wish all the dads a great Sunday.

2 comments:

the Baitlady said...

I love zucchini fries! I've seen a few places that do the same thing with a pickle. Now to me ~ that doesn't even sound appetizing. A hot pickle?? yuck! But I suppose I shouldn't knock it until I try it because I am a huge pickle fan too.

Teresa said...

I love Zucchini! Our peppers are doing well but our tomato plants are a bit small. The apple tree is getting bigger and we have a few apples that should be ready to pick in 2-3 weeks. I enjoy this time of year..all our herbs are nice and fresh too!