Monday, June 8, 2009

Plumbing problem

This week our challenge has been to repair a water line which Floyd has taken of. It happened over the weekend and we couldn't get anyone to work on it. Began as a little pond in our yard.

Nothing much new going on around here. Nice week weather wise and surprisingly cool for June which is traditionally the hottest month of the year for us. It has been a strange year as far as weather is concerned, warmer winter, cloudy May and now cooler June. Very different for us.

I need some new kitchen curtains but am having trouble finding the design I want. I will just keep surfing until I do. I did order myself a pasta maker. I love homemade lasagne with the soft pasta and I want to be able to make my own.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summers. Our school was out May 15th, but we haven't seen all that many kids around. Maybe they left town, lol.

2 comments:

the Baitlady said...

I hope your little pond is up and running soon. Sometimes those "little" projects aren't so little after all.

Your schools sure let out early. Ours just let out this last Friday. Now my daughter is laid off at work too, so I don't even have the grandkids here anymore. No more waiting for the bus in the morning and afternoons. It's been pretty quiet here.

yummmmmm.... homemade pasta. Let me know how that pasta machine works out. I've been contemplating getting one for myself.

moni said...

Well Mel, I have the pasta machine but haven't used it yet. I think I may have to purchase a lasagne attachment. I love homemade lasagne. Our schools let out early but start early too. School starts in August and it is really hot here in August, so I don't really think it is a good idea.