Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Country Drive

Yesterday we went for a drive in the country. We wanted to see how the crops were faring. The onions should be ready to harvest in about a month, and Alfalfa was ready for the first cutting. We get 4 harvests a year in this area.

It is amazing how many new residents have moved in. Traffic is getting worse by the day and even in the country there is much new construction. The Pit Park has been completed for some time now and really looks good. Our long awaited Entertainment Center should be ready by July 4th and the Sports Complex is still in the planning stages, although the grounds have been ready for some time. I sure wish we would get another grocery store. The parking lots at both stores (Peppers & Walmart) are so crowded and parking is a problem most of the time now. There is an increase in graffiti from practically none to alleys and dumpsters in many neighborhoods. We have more judges and police now too, but it doesn't stop the kids.

I know I sound kind of disenchanted with Deming. Right now I feel like moving, but I am sure I will change my mind when I am in a better state of mind, lol. More coffee, that's what I need!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

One ideal place to move is Virginia, it's lovely....:)

moni said...

Virginia is a lovely state, but it is too far north, winters are too cold and last too long.