Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cold Night!

There was ice in the birdbath this morning. Our temp was 34F and the coldest of the year. The temp tonight should be 36F and then start warming up. We got into the 70s with lots of sunshine today, so all is well. We won't get cold days until the middle of November. Always cold at Thanksgiving. Can you believe that our time changes soon and it will start getting dark earlier. I really don't like going back to standard time.

Guess I need to make a trip to the library tomorrow as I am on my last book. I enjoy reading at bedtime, it helps me go to sleep.

We had spaghetti with italian meatballs for dinner, yummy. I ate too much. Floyd had apple pie for dessert, I just couldn't eat any.

3 comments:

Jim said...

moni -- i was not good in hs physics, but why water in birdbath freeze at 34-degrees?

Teresa said...

I love hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream on the side...yummy!

the Baitlady said...

I'm not a big fan of it getting dark so early in the day either; but I'm really not a fan of sending my little grand daughter out the door in the morning with a flashlight in her hand to go and wait for the school bus.