Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall weather

Today and tomorrow we are to have thunderstorms. There are high clouds over our area now but still sunshine. Only a few more days until Fall is here officially. I think most of our nation enjoys the seasons of Spring and Fall the best. I am happy that we don't change our time back until November, keeps the days from being soooo short. After Fall, we need to go to Australia to begin the cycle all over again and skip winter entirely. The truth of the matter is; time goes so quickly for us that it really doesn't make any difference. Last Christmas Floyd said to me "why take everything down and put it away, before we know it, it will be Christmas again?" It sure seems like that. I lose track of time and what seems like a couple of years ago always turns out to be more like 8 or 9 years ago. Time is elusive for old folks.

Actually, I have no complaints. I finally did the P.T. eval. Found out that my arms, hips and back are "weak". Oh well. After my birthday in November, I won't be that far from 80 and how strong are most 80 year olds anyway?? We went to see our long time friend David a couple of weeks ago and it is heartbreaking to see how he has deteriorated. He has lost so much weight although he is still alert. We haven't gone back because he has some family staying with him and he is so heavily medicated, that he drifts in and out. I could see it took all of his energy to try to maintain a conversation. I just wanted him to know that we had not forgotten him. We keep losing our friends, which is a problem with oldsters.

Nothing new happening here, which is the good news, lol. Talk with you all later.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

In the fall, I look forward to the cooler weather (I know you don't), but I mourn the loss of daylight. I wouldn't mind having 14-15 hour days all year long. I like summer for the activities available, but love this feeling of cooler days close.

It rained here a little while ago. Only for 15 minutes, but it dropped a little over 1/4 inch! I'm hoping that isn't all for the day. It's been some time since we had a decent rain.

moni said...

I was raised in Missouri and I remember that I loved the first snow of the season.;) So far today, we haven't had any rain, just heavy skies. I really don't care for the short days either, yuk!

Lynilu said...

I got a bit over an inch yesterday, and we are supposed to have more today. So far it is still mostly sunny with just a few thin clouds. Are you getting anything there?

Cher' Shots said...

We had our first FREEZE last night here in the Upper Peninsula of Michgan. We've had some lighter frosts but this one called for covering what's left in the garden and some of my favorite flowers. I still have two tomato plants to pick clean today. Other than that the carrots and beets that are still left I can get to next week. Busy time of year for me but I'm already dreading snow too.

moni said...

Omigosh Cher..a FREEZE???? That's kind of scary and it sure makes for a long winter doesn't it?