Monday, August 9, 2010

Guest all gone :(

Daughter Phyllis left this morning for home. We really enjoyed her visit. She bought me a super nice camera. I am all thumbs with new technology, but I promise to figure it out and post some pictures of Kitty. I never had learning problems before, but my brain just doesn't work right these days. Too many times when it was deprived of oxygen:( This week Carlos is supposed to come over and measure me for a scooter. My gait is just unsteady and who knows why! I turn in the paperwork tomorrow, pick up my meds and then we are going by David's house to see how he is doing. He was expecting news about possible back surgery when the doc told him that he has terminal lung cancer. I feel so badly for him. He went from taking zero pills to the realization that he is dying. Well, like I told him, "we are all terminal from the day we are born". I need to take him something tasty to eat because he has no appetite and is losing weight rapidly. Be grateful for your good health.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

You'll catch on to the camera soon. Every time I get a new piece of electronics, I grumble and sweat over the learning curve, but it comes. Eventually!

The scooter will be wonderful for you!

I'm so sorry about David (a friend?). I hate lung cancer. Well, I hate any cancer, but that one is personal for me, of course. I'm thankful every single day.

moni said...

We have known David since we lived in California. He and Betty were our next door neighbors. Betty has Alzheimers and now David has to cope with this.

~mel said...

Moni ~ so sorry to hear that your friend is having to cope with that darn cancer. At least he has such a good friends as you and Floyd to lean on.
I can't wait to hear of your escapades on the scooter! That should be such a relief for you. I remember when my Dad got his. It opened up a whole new world for him again ~ being more mobile.
How sweet of Phyllis to get you a new camera! Anxiously waiting to see some pics!! Love ya from the hot and muggy north!!