Friday, July 23, 2010

Thunderstorms

Every evening it rains. Part of the monsoon thing and since that is the bulk of our annual moisture, we all enjoy it. Lots of boomers, scares our dogs, but they do seem to be adjusting to it. Baby hides under my computer desk right at my feet. We got 3/4" of rain yesterday.


My daughter Phyllis will be here in 2 weeks, YEA!!!

She will be here for 3 days, so we can get all caught up on stuff.I haven't seen her in three years, so lots to talk about. Once they come visit, you just don't want them to leave. :(

There is a possibility that granddaughter Jennifer and husband Jim will be able to come visit early Fall. I sure hope so, me and Jenn can talk for hours, lol and have lots to catch up on too.

We are going to have a great summer!

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

"Once they come visit, you just don't want them to leave. :("

Oh yeah. Scott and his family left today, and I'm fluctuating between the happy feeling of returning to my routine, and the sadness of missing them already. There is never enough time for everything, is there?

I hope your visit goes as well as mine did. :)

~mel said...

Oh ... how great that you're getting some company. Three years ... I couldn't imagine going that long without seeing my kids. Have a fantastic time!!!

Cher' Shots said...

Moni, thanks for the nice comment left on my blog. Mel is right, I can't imagine going that long without seeing my kids. It was tough when we lived in Alaska and went several months to a year between visits. Cherish every moment you share with them. Enjoy!

moni said...

Mel and Cher, my children are not children. My grandchildren are barely children. We moved to get away from the stress of a way too big family, so seeing them from time to time is fine with us. We have so many grown children, that if they came every month, we would stay busy and that is not retirement. I see my son more often and he cooks for me and plays pretty music for me. That is relaxing.