Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lovely days and lovely nights.

The weather has been great and nothing is nicer than being able to sleep at night with my bedroom window open. The air is clean and smells so good out here in the desert. I pity people who live in polluted cities with the smell of diesel fumes out their windows; they keep their air conditioning on all the time so they can't smell the air. That is no way to live.

April is a super month here as it is in many parts of the country. Of course, I enjoy summer even when the temps get over 100F, what I don't like is cold weather!! My roses have buds on them and my Lady Banks roses are blooming. My Iris's are still blooming and look great this year. We saw hummingbirds by our honeysuckle bush so they are eager to get started and we have the little house finches nesting around our porch. Spring is such a wonderful time of year.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Open windows at night are wonderful things. But I sleep with my window open at least a couple inches year round! I have to admit, this time of year is possible the best, though. Spring just smells so good, doesn't it? (My overnight low is supposed to be 43°. I'll bet your windows wouldn't be open, right?)

~mel said...

Hi Moni... I too like you and Lynilu love sleeping with the window open. I also love the benefit of listening to all the noises of the night... wolves, coyotes, frogs, owls, crickets, the trees and the wind.

Have a great day Moni and enjoy your beautiful weather before it gets too hot.
Did Stewart plant you some tomatoes this year??

~mel said...

me again...
I just did a google search of images of the Lady Banks rose. BEAUTIFUL!!!

moni said...

Hi Mel, good to hear from you. No I don't expect any tomatoes this year from Stewart. He is living in the city now. BTW Mel, it rarely gets too hot for me, lol. Of course when it gets really hot, I stay inside or at least in the shade. Take care honey and get all healed up.