Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eventful week

Seems it doesn't take much these days to make our week eventful. For starters, we were planning on doing some plumbing changes to our bathroom and it now proves to be too much for us, so that's off the books. We had a leaky toilet and so are removing the floor tiles and must fix toilet problem. The tiles are proving to be more of a project than we anticipated, so it will take a while...visitors don't look! New tiles will look nice though, that is the upside, lol.

Weather has been warm but not too much so. Inside has stayed nice and cool and we are grateful for our swamp cooler. They use just a fraction of the electric needed to operate air conditioning. We have had zucchini up the wang, but still tasty! I baked a couple of apple pies from apples given to me by my neighbor and they were yummy if I do say so myself. One went to the neighbor of course. I hope she was able to enjoy some of it, her chemo takes her appetite away. Her son stops in every day, so I know he could help her with her pie. She gave us a seedless watermelon which I will have today. Summer can't really be summer without watermelon.

Son Stewart has been giving excellent instructions on how to do plumbing and we are so grateful, saved us a fortune in plumbers. One of the disadvantages of living in a rural area, is that good tradesmen are often hard to find. Well, now I need to find someone to fix my dishwasher or purchase a new one..which will it be???? I had a Maytag dishwasher when I lived in the country and I loved the thing so I probably need one of those.

My daughter Teresa is heading for another California trip and class reunion. Should be fun and daughter Phyllis will enjoy her visit. Son Stewart in Arizona is having an excellent week so all my kids are happy, and that is all it takes to make me happy. :)
Posted by moni at 8:28 AM

No comments: