Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lawnwork the ez way

Finally we hired a gardner to take care of our yard. It is getting too much for Floyd and me. This guy just cuts the grass and does the weeds. We will still water and trim stuff. Well, we should have done this a long time ago.

Not much new happening just now. Deming has their annual Duck Races in a couple of weeks and we always go to that. It is a four day celebration, but we usually go 2 days. We enjoy when the hot air balloons come over our house. Mostly we enjoy listening to the music and eating, lol. After that is the St.Ann's Fiesta with even better food and music on Sept. 14th. Our neighbor gave us free tickets this year, yea!!

We have been seeing these pretty little orange hummingbirds. They are so pretty and colorful. We do not remember seeing orange ones before. Wonder where they came from??

I've been reading Tony Hillerman's books of the Southwest, more specifically about the NW Corner of the NM and NE Corner of Arizona, home of the Navajos. They are really enjoyable and it is hard to imagine that Tony is not a Navajo himself as he is so totally into the history and culture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your long haul trucker site which I like and it then led to to this and man, is it funny - http://kenyondye.camstreams.com/ Onlinepianobar these people are eating in a restaurant while this guy plays and sings and some of the diners get up and sing. Just too funny. Whenever I finally get my house down by Madison I should put a web cam on my plants. then the whole world can watch me water my plants. About as obscure as some of this stuff. Terribly amusing though. LOL

the Baitlady said...

Moni~ send me your gardener when he's done at your place.

We have the annual Duck Race in the small town of Fifield, 4 miles from us. There are two bridges over the river in the town and they dump the ducks off the one bridge and the first duck to make it through the small rapids and to the second bridge wins. They have numbers on their bottoms and you have to buy a duck number before the race starts. They pass out prizes or money for the top three ducks.

They also have lawn mower races... and the annual pie social... good fun in a little town.

the Baitlady said...

I should have mentioned... they are little rubber ducks; but live one's I bet would be more fun.