Monday, January 4, 2010

Holidays are over!

Thank goodness, now back to normal. I must have gained 10 lbs, lol Lots of goodies around here plus Stew's two large containers of home made cookies, yum! Plus we had candy of all kinds, yum. :) I like sweets, lol. Oh well, out of sight out of mind, so we are hiding the goodies for now.(freezer):)

Our daily weather should range from highs of 48F to 62F for the next 10 days. Oh well, it is January. I hate winter! I am pretty sure everyone knows that. Winter is so restrictive. At least we will have bright sunshine everyday. The east coast is being hit with a cold wave like the midwest had last week.

All friends and family seem to have survived the holidays in tact. The Western Channel had a great 3 day weekend of old classic western tv shows. I just loved them. I watched as many as I could stay awake for because they were on 24 hours a day.

Facebook has some good photos of some of my children grandchildren and great-grandchildren playing in the snow in Denver, Co. The little ones seem to enjoy this, lol.

4 comments:

~mel said...

Happy 2010 Moni & Floyd!! Thanks for stopping by and understanding. Sometimes a person just has to bitch ... don't they? I watched the Rose Bowl parade from my hospital bed. That is one of my favorite parades. It's just amazing what they make out of flowers and seeds! So... did you watch the Cardinals and Packers game? I know you did. Are the Cardinal's laying in the weeds until the next meet up?? That's what I think. lol
You take care you little love birds and nibble on the sweets. I did that last year... put them all in the freezer and munched throughout the year ... nothing better than a Christmas cookie in the middle of July. lol This year I don't have to worry about it; thanks to the ants! Who would of thought that was going to happen. I guess you never know what the day will bring ... and you just take it for what it is. Love ya! Take care... ~mel

moni said...

You know Mel, those floats are so fragrant! I mean when you are watching the rose bowl parade live, the smell of flowers is almost overwhelming. It is a beautiful parade. So glad you are home now.

Dar said...

Moni, Just wanted to pop over and thank you for being such great understanding support for my lil sis Mel. She has had a really rough go of it for a long time and you know what she is going through from experience. It helps to have someone to relate to who has been there.
Thanks again for being such a dear friend.....isn't she amazing how she keeps an upper lip and smiles on? I'm not sure I could be so positive if it were me.
God Bless You and Mel
Blessings Be Yours

moni said...

Dar, Mel is so brave. She really never complains and just loves her life and her family. It sure is tough to cope with this darn chf and try to enjoy anything. I am a great admirer of your sis.