Saturday, January 16, 2010

Changes

Our longtime friends from California, the watsons, have their home up for public auction today. They are moving back to Oklahoma. We wish them luck and we will miss them. I personally do not think it is a good move, but it is not my life, so, we wish them luck.

Springtime is a good time for changes, don't you think?? Mild weather and sunshine. Our little town of Deming has fallen on hard times, but still, this past year has been a good one. For one thing our new public transportation has really taken off and has many riders. Our movie theater and bowling complex opened with much success, and another larger motel, The Hampton Inn has come to town. Our Chile crop and Pecan Crop has been better than in previous years. So changes come slowly, but still, they are welcome.

We love living in Deming. No place is perfect, but this little town is nearly perfect for us. What would make it perfect?? Family living closer would help as well as milder winter nights, lol.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

I hear ya on that, Moni. What is the matter with our families??? ;D

moni said...

I think they are busy making a living Lyn ;). Oh well, if I could travel it wouldn't matter at all.

Lynilu said...

Posh! Who needs to make a living? ;D

I know, I didn't mind so much when I was still able to travel more often. I've been invited to FL for "Grandparents Day" in March at my grandson's school. Planning on making that trip, for sure, unless I am just completely unable.

~mel said...

It's sad when friends move away:( and family isn't near :( At least you live in a town that you love. I love the picture that you have on your blog heading ~ it's beautiful!