Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall already





This is a picture of green chiles in Deming, NM. Fields of them being harvested. The aroma of roasting green chile is everywhere in the county. Our county Fair starts today, (SW New Mexico State Fair), and green chile cheeseburgers are the best, yum, yum! Roasted corn is also a yum. :)

The air is cool, but not cold. By weeks end, we will be back to the l0 80s. If you are driving I-10, stop off in Deming and check out the Fair, Rodeo, Wineries and all the fun Fall stuff!

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

I forgot to ask .... did you get all your chilies done the night you bought them?

~mel said...

What do you do with the chilies once you have them roasted? I guess I need an explanation of the process ~ because we don't have them here; but it sure sounds interesting. Do you preserve them somehow to use for later use? do you can them? freeze them? Do you have pics of them? Inquiring minds want to know.lol... or at least this one does. ~~ Have a great day my little chili pepper lovin' friend... from your cyberspace gal friend of the north woods.

moni said...

Hi there, well Lyn, I didn't finish the chiles until the next day, had them outside in a big tub of water. I had help and it was a good thing too. I always forget that I can't do what I used to.

Mel, after they are roasted, you take the skin off of them and then you freeze them. I put about 8 large chiles to a packet. You would love the taste of fresh green chiles, especially on mexican food or on a hamburger.