Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF



That's a field of red chile in Luna County! Actually, it was green chile before it turned red, just like peppers do. There is a new machine that can pick chiles, however, I believe that it is very expensive and needs a little tweaking. It is getting difficult for the farmers to compete with chiles from Mexico due to the high cost of labor and housing for the migrant workers.

Granddaughter Jennifer is getting married tomorrow in Forest Falls, CA. She is a lovely young lady and we wish her all the best.

Do you all Twitter?? I know Jim does, but what about the rest of you. I am considering it. No special weekend plans except I am going to the library in the morning. Have a good weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had it for awhile, but did not like it. No longer have it. Anyone can subscribe to your writings, some might not be appropriate. At least in Facebook, you get to approve those who hook on to your writings.

moni said...

I guess I should just forget twitter. It doesn't sound so good.

Teresa said...

I just started twittering. You can block people, if you want. I like it.

Jim said...

I stopped -- 80% of users do. I got tired of people plugging their books -- and learning what people were having for lunch.

refrie<--easy one, what you do to beans and rice