Monday, January 26, 2009

Windy!

It isn't windy right now, but this afternoon the winds should blow. Our high is predicted to be 68F and no warmer because of the wind.

I went to the library the other day and just kind of grabbed some books. They are by Debbie Macomber so they are kind of romance and kind of not. They are interesting but I can read an entire book in a couple of hours.

It is still very cold up north and since we have had a couple of weeks in the upper 60s or low 70s, it seems kind of odd. Luckily, the cold waves have not reached this far south since December. I always wonder if the cold will come down here, but we have been lucky.

My large dog Casey can't get up on the sofas any longer so Floyd went and bought her a big doggie pillow, 40" x 50" and really soft and fluffy, she will love it. Casey sleeps on the floor beside my bed these days. We are both getting pretty old and I sense that she knows it. It amazes me how perceptive my dogs are. I think that is because we are with them 24/7. The seem to read our minds. Really, they are such a comfort to us, I don't know what we would do without our canine buddies.

All is well in Deming, NM. Talk with you all later.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

It's icy here and we may end up with a third snow say!

Teresa said...

whoops, I meant snow day!

Unknown said...

Nice to read about your new bed for Casey.