Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An amazing day!

The TV has been on all day, we have been watching the Inaugural activities. We have really enjoyed all the festivities. I think we had the best view right here at home where it was warm and comfy. Now I am watching the Balls, imagine having to go to 10 different places!! I know Obama will get busy tomorrow and begin work. So much to do. We just wish him all the best. He knows what he wants and he has a history of accomplishing his tasks.

Tomorrow Floyd has a doctor's appointment and then we are going out for lunch to celebrate our Anniversary. Then I need to hook my phone up to Vonage. It is a good deal, Vonage! 24.99 per month with just over $3.00 in taxes. My Qwest phone bill has over $10.00 in taxes of every which kind.

Gosh, I ordered a gift basket for baby Owen and it never arrived. I know I was notified that it was shipped on the 7th and my bank account was debited, so that is another thing I must do tomorrow, call them and find out what happened.

Hope everyone is as happy as I am with our new president. Talk with you later.

4 comments:

the Baitlady said...

Hi ~ just popped in to see how things are going. An anniversary coming... how many years? Slim and I have 32 in already. It just doesn't seem that much time has lapsed and we didn't kill each other... just kiddin'... So do you have Floyd all trained after all this time?

Plus... congratulations on little Owen! I sure hope his gift basket arrives and you don't have to go through a bunch of fuss to find out where it is.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniverary !

moni said...

Mel, Floyd is totally untrainable!!! We did get Owen's gift basket all figured out. I got married in 1954. Were you even born then??? Hey, how about joining Facebook?


Thanks Connie.

the Baitlady said...

~moni: i'm already on facebook

go to the friend search and type in my email address: donnersbait@gmail.com OR? email me and let me know how to find your page