Friday, February 1, 2008

Good TV

Good television lately and now we have the Superbowl on Sunday and Super Tuesday to look forward to. I hate cold weather, so I kind of hibernate during the winter with my coffee and TV and my books.

Floyd is out riding his bike. He either walks everyday or rides his bike. His doctor says that he is in excellent shape, and he wants to stay that way. We walked together when I was up to it. We will be going to Walmart today to pick up meds and a few groceries. I see a week of about 60 - 65F every day this next week, so that's not too bad. Our local golfers say that this has been a cold winter here. Glad we are not in the midwest with about a foot of snow, eek.

Oh yes, something great that I read on the net, seems there is a doctor in Texas who works for the Baylor University Hospital medical group, and he had developed a kind of vacine to help Cocain addicted people and it may work for other illegal addictive drugs. What it does, a series of injections over a 3 month period will put a certain protein in the body which binds to any cocain taken into the system and instead of the drug going through the bloodstream to the brain, it will simply be excreted. He has been working on this since 1995 and only needs one more trial set before his med is approved by the FDA. Wonderful news. They think that possible this drug could be given to young men who are in high risk situations as a preventative measure. This is something great for a whole bunch of folks, especially in this country.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate winter and cold weather more than you do. It has been snowing all day.

I'm having a party at my blog.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the congratulations!