Thursday, August 4, 2011

Being old :(

It seems like these days nobody has any use for us old folks. I mean, we watched a comedy show where at least half of the jokes were at the expense of old folks. We sure make a good target. Before long the "babyboomers" will be aging, and I don't know how they are going to cope. Do you realize that even families don't like the old people in their families. We are kind of expendible and as a matter of fact, I just had a grandson "unfriend" me on Facebook! Who ever heard of such thing? I guess since he doesn't live around us, he feels like, out of sight, out of mind; he is not a teen, he is 27 years old. Well, on the other hand we had a granddaughter and her hubby come from California to visit and they were wonderful. I guess I need to think about the good things and forget the bad. Aging is not fun and it seems not a week goes by that we are coping with something new. All you old people out there know what I am talking about; lots of little things.

Here in our neck of the woods, school begins this month. Back to school sales, etc., I was always use to school starting in September, and August seems awfully early, but then again, the kids get out earlier in the Spring. Can you believe that next month is Fall? Wow, time sure flies!

Guess I am through with bitching and whining, lol. Trying to keep positive thoughts going here.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

Hmmmm. Seems I was bitching and whining in a similar fashion recently.

I have Sirius satellite radio in my truck, and I listen to the comedy station often. I've noticed there is a lot of humor that is just downright ugly about old folks, women, minority groups. I'm not very tolerant of that sort of "humor." Conversely, there is a lot out there that is less pointed, isn't demeaning, and it really funny. I'm quick to change the station when it becomes vile.

Sad to be minimized and forgotten, isn't it?