Monday, December 27, 2010

Looking forward to 2011




I don't know why, but I always look forward to a new year. At my age, you would think that I would want time to stand still. I guess it seems like a new beginning, a fresh start. All is well here, no complaints. Christmas came and went and we enjoyed it. Up until Christmas Eve, we had mostly low 70s as a daily high, but that didn't last. No rain here at all, but some clouds off and on. Much colder nights, but this being a high desert, we expect that. Seems that all family members are doing ok what with this recession hitting some worse than others. This too shall pass.

I enjoy the western channel on Encore and they are having a 24 hour Wagon Train marathon on Dec. 31 and then beginning Jan 1st, they are having Wagon Train episodes every afternoon, like they do The Virginian. Looking forward to that. I love my cowboys, lol.

Healthwise, we are about the same. I have been eating too much sugar this past week, but a little insulin helps. No plans for New Years except to watch the Rose Bowl Parade, a little football and some yummy snacks. I certainly wish all of my FB friends and all my family and otherwise friends a wonderful 2011.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

I normally look forward to the new year, but this time it seems to have lost its luster. :( I hope I'm feeling more positive soon!

OK, toss out the Negative Nell talk! Happy New Year, Moni & Floyd!

meowmomma said...

Hello Moni!

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm wishing you a Happy New Year also!

Hubster and I are heading out next week to RV for the entire year in celebration of our 40th anniversary that will occur in September! You can follow along in our travels if you'd like to.

Paula said...

Wishing you the best for year 2011.

Dar said...

I have been meaning to peek into your blog a long time, but that 'old timers' is creeping in on me, by time I'm done reading the comments on UpNorthWithMel, I forget. She, CherShots and I are sisters.
We have so much in common, right down to the Westerns, watching the marathons and Rose Bowl, only difference, TCU won over our Badgers. Maybe next year. Hope to visit again. I like your weather much better than what we woke to, and it's still 10 below.
BlessYourHeart