Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Really summertime

Today will be about 90F for a high and it just delights me. Warm weather has been elusive this Spring. I do believe that it is here to stay. I love living in the desert. Low humidity, no mosquitos and clear skies, no smog. I love the clear night skies when the Milky Way is so pretty and it seems there are a gazillion stars in the sky.

Even though our weather has been a bit odd, our Spring flowers are doing just fine. My pink poppies are thriving and are spreading a little more each year. This year there was a really bumper crop. They are so pretty.:) They were a gift from my neighbor Connie who passed away last fall.

Today is Cinco de Mayo and normally I would be preparing mexican food, but not today. I am upset with the illegals and the assistance they get from the semi-legal mexicans who live on this side of the border. Oh well, things generally work themselves out.;)

3 comments:

~mel said...

So my dear... if you're not fixing mexican food ~ what's on the menu?? Good old American hot dogs?? lol
I'm so happy to hear of your bumper crop of poppies ~ what a wonderful memory of your friend Connie when they bloom. Have a great day my cyberspace friend!!! ~ and don't go getting a crook in your neck star gazing.

Jim said...

OFF TOPIC!

Moni: Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!
Jim & Ozzie

sallwoo -- Chinese food made with 'sall'

moni said...

Thanks Mel and Jim. Mel we had bbq and fixins from our local deli.
Jim I thought of you on Mother's Day..the first one since you lost your mom..kind of tough on you.